Sunday, May 5, 2024

New army of the living dead

 

July 2012

 

So many stalkers and so little time

We are the new army of the living dead,

Stumbling around behind her,

Brainless as zombies,

Not completely sure of what has happened To us,

 did the house land on the witch or on us,

and where are the ruby slippers that come

with the privilege of being with her,

or do we get a broomstick to ride rather than a wand,

confused regardless of just how we got here

and if we ever will get back,

still clutching the smart phone at night

for a vibration that will never come,

I am she, and her three company

Entangled as one, the girl, the witch

Who hate lack of brains or heart or courage,

While I wish I could click my heals

And get back to a place of sanity

When I know I can’t.

 

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment