Tuesday, April 30, 2024

He won’t lie for me July 17, 2012



He won’t lie for me

He tells me

That night the world

Crashed down

Around my ears,

His voice so cool

He might have

Been a hit man

Skating on ice

If “they” by whom

He means our bosses

Ask him, he won’t lie,

And If I say I talked to him

He’ll deny that, too

His rage rattling against

The cage of his teeth,

Saying nothing about

My email to her,

Nothing about my

Betrayal of his trust,

Noting about how

Involved he is with her,

And now,

Because we talked

She might not love him

Anymore,

He her mentor

She is cub,

And me,

The thorn stuck

In the paw of a lion

About to bite

My head off

If I make any wrong move

And me,

Just as much in love

With her,

All of it buzzing around

In my head,

With his warning

Against dragging him into something

He’s already in the middle of

As am I

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment