Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Don’t talk to him July 16, 2012

  

“Do not talk to him,” she says,

If that is even humanly possible,

Me thinking he’s my boss

Though we both know

What she means

By talk

This is a new wrinkle

I have to live with

corking the bottle after

the Gennie is let loose,

 damage done,

 blood under the bridge,

One more piece of evidence

She can use against me,

In her case to build me

Into what she needs me

To be, good intentions aside

A new rule to the list

She gave me already,

The do nots

I somehow manage

To do regardless of the danger,

She having all the power

She needs to destroy me,

Showing mercy despite provocation,.

The quality of it

Dropping like rain from heaven,

And I think,

Maybe she doesn’t want

To pull the trigger

Unless she has to,

Needing to preserve

What she’s accomplished

Despite me.

“Don’t talk to him,”

She warns me,

And in my mind

I see her finger

Just ready to squeeze

And all I need to do

Is sneeze.

 

 

 


email to Al Sullivan

AD's Journal menu

No comments:

Post a Comment