Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Belly up July 14, 2012

 

 

He wants to know

Exactly what I said to her,

His indignation spilling over

Into this late night call,

Where he is, I can’t say,

Only clearly out of earshot

From the girl he means,

Too scared to even

Mention her name,

Especially at home

Where is wife might

Get suspicious,

Licking his lips

Again and again

As he had that day in the park

“What exactly did you say to her?”

I’m a mean man,

And jealous,

Knowing to admit to her

That he and I talked

Was like throwing

A cherry bomb

Into a pond

Full of goldfish

Something was bound

To go belly up

And did,

Knowing how betrayed

She would feel,

Betrayed by me

Her mortal enemy,

But more by him

Her shinning knight,

Her rage echoed

In his voice,

She knowing I had

Orchestrated it all,

A real Bennedict Arnold,

Lighting a fuse

I could not unlight,

As we all

Go belly up

 .



email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment