Sunday, May 5, 2024

Butterflies are free to fly Oct. 19, 2013

 


In my mind

 I caress her wings,

After she has emerged from her cocoon,

 the tips of my fingers stroking

 her vibrant color until she glows,

a fantasy I have relive over and over in my dreams,

the memory of how delegate she is,

and soft, and vulnerable,

how she shudders even when blessed,

my fingers tracking the stain glass she displays

as if she is a saint,

 and I too much a sinner

 to deserve such a touch

I paint her in colors I wish

and pretend I can touch,

It can never happen

,this butterfly waiting to take flight,

beyond reach,

 flapping her wings as she warms

reborn into something even more

magnificent than she was,

 and will be even more so,

gone beyond us all.

 

email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment