Saturday, April 30, 2022

Just give me some truth May 8, 2012

 

She sent me a poem about truth then sent it to me to read, a poem full of violent imagery, though the core of it seemed more in the line of John Lennon’s angry song, “Just give me some truth,” in that she had no use for the superficial or the polite and wanted to get down to the bone marrow, passed the sinews of truth, asking for blood or nothing, looking to tear open the flesh and muscle to get down deep to the bone, to reveal everything – ass all those nice things civilized people tend to hide behind, needing to get down to what counts, no trappings, just the truth.

I misread it or did not read it well enough, and she got peeved. She had apparently also sent it to her stalker, or he had read it when she posted it, and was even more peeved when his response was the same as mine.


email to Al Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment