Thursday, April 21, 2022

After the surge May 23, 2012

 

A strained, strange day at the office yesterday when she and I came into the same space for the first time since our bar room disaster a week ago Monday.

She came up the stairs, looked over briefly, then went on climbing to the third floor, looking utterly efficient, as if to act any other way would allow me to think things were well with us.

But I saw her pause, head tilted as if listening to my phone conversation with another employee.

Was she jealous? How could she be since she orchestrated the whole end of our friendship? She clearly no longer wishes to communicate with me.

She adopted an even stiffer demeanor at the staff meeting. I tried not to look in her direction, partially hiding myself behind another co-worker. Later, when I talked to another female co-worker, she stormed out of the room, seeking out the boss’ office.

I later emailed her on her business account telling her to stop acting weird. She replied claiming this is how she acted prior to our friendship.

I said we were still friends, even if she hated me, and I would cease to communicate with her except through official channels.

She later overheard another phone conversation I was having, dumped a pile of papers onto my desk in front of me and marched off.

Still later, she came to my desk to ask some business-related question she faked needing to know. All this makes me wonder just exactly where we stand.

I assume we are not friends or ever will be again. But she’s so unpredictable, anything is possible.

 



email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment