Thursday, April 28, 2022

Clean April 19, 2012

 

It’s the cleanest place I’ve ever seen. Not one thing out of place, not even in the kitchen.

And you wouldn’t know she owned a cat, least of all two, until you saw them sprawled.

All of it, like a dream, or a cloud, a drifting sense of lost senses the moment I come through the door.

Soft but not too soft.

Like a biosphere in which all the elements are pre set, to some idea she has in the back of her mind, leaving me to figure out where exactly I fit into the scheme.

She knows how I ache to fit in even when we both know I am too imperfect, a flawed piece of furniture with some scrape or nick turned against the wall to keep from sight, a flaw I can’t cover up even though it is hidden deep inside of me.


email to Al Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment