Thursday, May 5, 2022

Stupid things May 26, 2012

 

I’m having a hard time focusing. Part of this is my eyesight; part of it is her.

From the start I felt the need to escape this insanity, and perhaps mistakenly, spent too much time trying to push her away.

This was supposed to be moment to moment. Yet doing things in secret seemed dishonest to me, and could not lead to anything meaningful.

She constantly talks about truth, perhaps she is, perhaps not, I’m in no position to tell. She’s ambitious none the less, persistent in her efforts to improve her lot in life.

She hates needing other people, and said she dislikes her dependence on the money her father sends her to help her make ends meet.

Yet men love to help her and so winds up in a strange dependence she claims to hate.

The suicide of her favorite student years ago still haunts her, which may explain why she contemplates it for herself. She went to her roof the night I left her at the bar, blasting me later driving her to it.

I never meant to. She’s still angry over my writing the vampire poem, misreading the metaphor (I think) and then condemning me for it.

Yesterday, I treaded on her space by emailing her, asking her to send me a copy of a story she was working on. When she didn’t reply, I texted her, violating a promise I made to give her space.

Sometimes, I really do stupid things.

 

2012 menu


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment