Sunday, May 8, 2022

A need to survive June 5, 2012

  

I’m really not trying to get back into becoming one of the selected few.

I just hate the idea of loss and traveling around with this empty feeling inside me, knowing I’m missing something important but not exactly what, or how whatever it is is supposed to fit into my life if at all.

I can’t help but think this was set up to fail from the start, and I have become the product of a stalker-making machine that pops up stalkers like cookies, each one of us in the same unsteady condition, a syndrome that begs for eternal punishment.

I don’t even know why it bothers me since she clearly has selected someone else.

Maybe it is because I see so much potential in her, not for anything romantic so much, but a vast reservoir of talent I admire and envy, and yet, maybe a little jealous of, too.

Maybe old Professor Thomas was right in his Freudian interpretation of me – I keep going back to the same well, coming up with the same drink of water, even after the first sip I know it doesn’t taste right.

Maybe I’m just stubborn, refusing to give in and let her know how much she got under my skin, when I already know she knows, and I already know I should walk away, surrender to the situation, and let the distance between our two offices create the necessary barrier that will keep me from making an ass of myself again.

If there is one thing I know I’m good at, it’s making an ass of myself.

Somehow, in all this, I still need to survive.

 

 2012 menu


email to Al Sullivan

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment