Friday, May 6, 2022

Photo credits June 1, 2012

  

The trade off may mean nothing; but I suspect it does.

Tuesday, I insisted on giving her photo credit; she emailed me to give me credit for a photo of mine she was using.

This more than a simple gesture since it came at the center of a series of new conflicts, and my use of a photo on my blog that she had sent me ten days prior to her contemplating suicide on her roof.

I was being mean – and I really regret it since I truly believe she is someone special and vulnerable.

I wrote a poem about the night at the bar and her ending up on the roof and used the image she had sent me ten days earlier, of her on the roof then.

She texted me and told me to take the image down as well as the poem. She was also angry about the photos I had included with a poem about walking with god, one of which showed the sign of the restaurant where she had worked.

After this, she texted me to tell me I should never have used the photo (meaning the one on the roof) and how I should never have left her alone at the bar. A short time later, she sent me screen shots of our texting exchange – only somehow, she had edited out her half of the conversation, so it seemed like I was ranting out her (very much like the texts she had shown me earlier of her stalker from New York).

She said if I posted anything she didn’t like on my blog in the future, she would go to the owner of the place we worked as well as to the police.

Tuesday, we had to sit across from each other at our usual meeting.  We did not look at each other.

The next day I saw her briefly in passing when I delivered something to the office, after which I got the email about the photo credit and her using one of my photos for one of her stories.

All of this must mean something, but it’s so strange I can’t tell what.

 

 2012 menu


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment