Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A change of shift June 14, 2012

  

Tuesday started out calm. She was not at the meeting; so, no need to worry about uncomfortable stares across the table.

I was slated to leave early to cover a meeting and thought I might escape unscathed when she showed up midday in a rush, claiming she was swamped with details of story about one of her mayors, but she couldn’t get anybody to go on the record about it.

She even asked me if I knew anybody who could help.

I started making call, feeding her information she would later use – although her sources eventually started reaching out to her later in the day and into Wednesday. We actually spoke about the story with her later emailing me her lead to look over.

She really didn’t need me or my approval. She was on top of the biggest story in the county at that moment, not at all over her head, still overwhelming since there was a lot of information to process.

What goes on inside her head, I still don’t know.

I’m dealing with a day time person yet haven’t a clue about what the more volatile night time person might do, since I’ve had dealings only with the first and not the second since that night, I left her at the bar.

Late yesterday, just before her personalities were scheduled to change shift, she emailed me a copy of her story to read, along with the version that had been edited by our boss who’d recently returned from maternity leave.

The edited version largely gutted the version she had written, and she was upset about the changes. She asked me what she should do (via email) and via email I suggested she speak directly to the boss to make it clear how she felt about the alternations.

I have yet to hear back this morning the result of that conversation. I’ll email her and ask, once the day time person comes back of shift.

 

 

   2012 menu


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment