Saturday, June 2, 2012

Channel surfing




“There ain’t no such thing,”
I heard someone say once
When broaching the matter
Of heart ache
Only to realize
That it was myself speaking
And the years – cruel years
Hard but noble teachers
Showing me the error of my ways,
Handing me the means
By which to discover
A change of mind.

Click!

An idea
Which was once alien to me

Click!

Strangely
I feel no difference

Click!

Weary fingers clutch
My heart
Strangling it
From the inside out,
Without mercy

Click!

The tragic murder
Of a soul
Was reported today
The ideological innocence
Of youth
Demanding now
A real and physical death
Inspired suicide
Depressive social stains

Click!

The wind blows
The sky aches blue
And the horizon
Bleeds sunlight
This is a cowardly dawn
A fictitious planet
Of too serious people
Afraid to be omnipotent
Afraid to be real

Click!

The bars are permanent
Cemented into place
By the years
By bad habit
By fear

Click!

My module
Affords only me
And my pretense
At laughter

Click!

Know you lines
The words will flow

Click!

What are you saying?

Click!

Are you there?”

Click!

She looks over
Up and down
Smiles
Her eyes reflect interest
Her eyes reflect you

Click!

You smile
But a fear-filled smile
One that chases
Rather than appeals
A smile and look
That speak of redemption
Instead of attraction

Click!

She runs

Click!

You run

Click!

You’re alone

Click!
Click!
Click!




email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment