Monday, September 25, 2023

Synchronicity strikes again September 25, 2023

 

 

Paulie once spoke about the concept of synchronicity, coincidence that is more than just a coincidence, perhaps tied to Young's idea of the collective unconscious.

We are all tied together by this common central consciousness and that we sometimes evoke it by accident when we begin to peel away the layers.

Paulie was constantly trying to get down deep into this psychological limbo.

Over the last two weeks or so I have stumbled over the edge into it twice, once when wandering around

Passaic only to discover the band she played for all those long years ago was playing there in one of the parks.

I had no reason to be in that place at that time or to see that sign posted near one of the local schools --other than my trying to kill time during the drying cycle of my laundry.

Even that was unusual since I most often do laundry on Sundays in Secaucus but decided that week to go back to the old digs in Passaic instead

Last week we were planning a trip to Asbury Park. we go there about once a month on Fridays, though next week for Columbus Day weekend, we will be taking our annual trip to Cape May instead , so won’t know if she once again visited Asbury again.

I had to cancel the trip to Asbury last week because of the Menendez indictment and thus managed to avoid an encounter with her as she visited the beach resort with her mother.

This second bit of coincidence has me a little concerned no doubt invoked by my posting old journals something I am tempted now to stop, if only not to stir up old ghosts but leaving the question if I continue as to what fate has in store next.

Day to Day menu


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment