Monday, March 30, 2015

Jelly fish or rock?


  
Monday, March 30, 2015

I feel each crease
In the palm of your hand
As it moves over me,
Soft always leading to hard,
As life’s calluses
Wears me away
I am the stone
The sea waves wash over,
Thinking I am so permanent
Or powerful yet
Gets consumed over time
Each wave’s rhythm
Stripping from me
Layers of my invulnerability,
Until I am raw
And naked
With nothing to protect me
And still it goes on,
A ceaseless stroke of salt
That leaves me
Drowning in foam,
A sand crab seeking holes
Into which to bury myself,
Seeking warmth
Seeking to leave the waves pass
Flowing over me
And through me,
Each tide turning me
Into a quivering mass
Of transparent flesh,
I am jelly fish
After all,
Shivering with the subtlest touch
Pretending I am a stone
Or crab or anything other
Than what I am,
Pretending this salty kiss
Does not affect me
When it shake
At the mere thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment