Saturday, January 31, 2015

You taste me; I taste you



Saturday, January 31, 2015


I let you put your fingers in my mouth
So I can taste where you have been,
Fingers wrapped around me like a shawl,
To rub against me
To rise and fall, come in and out like waves
You taste like the salty sea that comes
And goes, we rocking in this lifeboat
With no hope for or expectation to survive
Living only with the bliss of escaping steam.
You let me stick my fingers in your mouth
For you to taste where I have been,
With my tongue tasting your tongue
Until we both taste it all
This not so sweet existence that comes
With so much strain, this which draws
From us sweat and steals each
Breath we breathe
This which we press into each other
And then withdraw,
Like fresh water from a deep well,
I let you taste me as I taste you
And we come
To taste each other,
And you let me inside you so you can
Feel where I come
From and come
To understand where I need to go,
With this mouthful of honey covered fingers,
This bedspread into which I bury my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment