Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Love is not blind



The rain patters on my checks
But I’m not crying,
Love isn’t blind;
it’s blindingly bright
Even in weather like this,
The river, the soft swell
Filling up each step as
I stumble along this path,
No destination except
Where I already am,
No thought except
To embrace this moment,
The warm breath of spring
That has not yet blossomed,
And may never
But always a bud
Waiting to burst
Full of the ache
Of anticipation
And the whisper of some voice
I can almost but not quite hear,
All life lingering
On the edge of a dream,
Those who love it
Need only listen to her song,
For deep in that voice,
Deep in the gurgle of the river,
Truth can be found,
And we spend a lifetime
Working out the harmony,
And love – even love of nature –
Is simply being there,
Waiting, listening
And breathing deep.



No comments:

Post a Comment