Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Good bye Ruby Tuesday Aug. 6, 2013

 


I sing songs about this day

During my long trek

Down hill to the office

Tuesday Morning,

Which is never sweet,

Seated at a table

Where she no longer sits,

Her lingering spirit there

I feel but cannot see

slipping Tuesday Afternoon,

 a Moody Blues tune

for the mood I feel

the memory of her hateful stare

long vanquished

morphed into something sweeter

the sweetness of dying flowers

the haze of what might have been,

 could never been,

never was,

pined over,

like a dull pain missed,

going home to Rolling Stones ,

Good Bye Ruby Tuesday,

The girl who cashed in her dreams

Before they slipped away,

Leaving the faint scent

Lingering in me

With each step I take,

And the vague ghostly memory

Seated at the table,

Or looking out the window

all gone, yet not gone.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment