Thursday, December 7, 2023

It's Deja Vu all over again. April 21, 2012

 


It's Deja Vu all over again.

This is not a Tuesday

And yet I’m here,

Thirsty for more than just

The drink she’s asked for,

Only she’s not yet

Ready for me,

A diligent work-a-bee

Scrambling to get

Her stuff done,

Frowning when she sees me

As if she can’t remember

Our arrangement

She is as distant as Mount Rushmore,

A professional fifth head of stone

So I wonder,

Maybe I got it all wrong,

Maybe I’m in the wrong place

Got the time or date

Or even the invitation itself

wrong

and so, I go back to my cubbyhole

a confused Harry Potter

without even an owl

for company,

Muggles all around me

Time ticking until

She ceases being stone,

Turning back to that warm body

In this strange cat and mouse game

Only I can’t figure out

Which of us is the cat

And which is the mouse.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment