Thursday, December 21, 2023

Two sides of the same coin April 2012


Too many doors

and inside

too many windows.

I knock, she lets me in.

I am a traveling salesman

She is the farmer’s wife,

And I’m looking to sell her more

Than just a vacuum cleaner

Her kitchen so tidy

I could eat breakfast

Off the floor

I’m a desperate dog,

Trying not to let my tongue

Hang out my mouth.

It shows anyway in my eyes

what I want

But one of two possibilities,

divergent outcomes,

what might be

what might never be

her piano

though silent

stirring up in my head

 all the songs

she sings

as if I have actually

ascended to

her seventh heaven

me thinking of her as angelic

though I know she is not

angles and demons

the two sides of the same coin.




email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment