Monday, July 1, 2024

Me as Captain Kirk March 29, 2012

 


I have a flip top phone

Like Captain Kirk,

Only my fingers are

Too big to work

The buttons

Trying to respond

To the ping of

The messages

She sends me

Five times a night,

We part of some

Secret society of two

I can’t keep up with,

Clutching my phone

To my chest

As if it might bring

Me salvation,

Clicking out my

Slow response,

Looking at pictures

She sends

That make me ache,

Unable to click

Fast enough

To click out exactly

How I feel,

Just Captain Kirk

Landing on a planet

He has no business

Landing on,

The pain of it

As much pleasure

As it is painful,

Handcuffed to a

Flip top hone

Like ET waiting

For yet another

Message from

Outer space,

Needing to go

Home when

I’m already there.

br>
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment