Wednesday, August 19, 2026

These longest days. Dec.6, 2012

  

In these closing days I’ve come to accept that I might never get what I wanted from the start, although exactly how I feel remains unclear, yet still tender, coals from a blaze I once embraced, the intensity of which has long faded, even though I still feel consumed, something occasionally sparking to life what all seemed dead, when we all knew from even in those earliest days, a fire this hot could not endure, no fire no matter how hot every does, Blues filling half the days this time of year when darkness lasts the longest, and I feel the chill of winter deep in my bones, aware of the shreds of cloud that covers my love life like a shroud, the land scape littered with hints of you, embers that still provide me with just enough warmth – if never hope, raising me out of the apocalypse of my own creation, restirring coals just enough to feel a bit of warmth again, your face, your presence, your ever-lasting spirit, haunting me, even though clearly remote, the slanted winter sun doing little to illuminate my world, simply giving me glimpses of what used to be.


 erotic stories


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment