Saturday, November 1, 2014

The void inside



Saturday, November 01, 2014

I dress up each time in my mind
A carved out face with fixed smile
I don’t always believe
The sawed teeth of the carving knife
Still evident on each deep slice
A candle lit inside of me
Making my eyes glow
Filling the empty space inside
I hope each time to fill
With something more substantial
To replace the substance removed
Not love or lust, but existence
The day to day of it,
That face that is a real face
The heart that does more than tick
A life that is more than a jack a lantern
Propped up to scare kids
As they come to my door for trick or treat
We living our lives with fixed expressions
Actually believing there is nothing else
When there is always so much more
Out there just beyond our finger tips
Something to fill the void inside



No comments:

Post a Comment