Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sigh to sigh




(date unknown)


I watch you watch me
As I started at the top
The first button
Popping open
Between my thumb
And forefinger
You do not ask
Where I am going,
The road map
Is clearly marked,
The first followed
By the next
Until it opens
Before me
Like a gate,
And still you watch
Wide-eyed like a doe
But not naïve
We have come
This way before
If not together,
Our need mingling
With the heat
So we both sweat,
Your eyes like
A temperature gauge
Telling me exactly
When I’m getting warm,
Moisture on your brow
As my fingers feel
The soft landscape,
Circling the tips
Of these twin peaks,
A glorious explorer
Lacking any sense
Of shame
Pushed on
By my own
Rise thermometer
Until the heat threatens
To blow its top off
I watch your eyes
Watch mine
As I breathe into you,
Eye to eye,
Mouth to mouth,
Thigh to thigh,
Sigh to sigh


No comments:

Post a Comment