Friday, April 11, 2014

I’m building you a house



July 10, 1977

You want you want a house on the hill
With green, green grass and a field of dill
With dreams of past where children grow
And the day will last and the sky will show

I’m building you a house with a porch
And swing, and a hearth where a fire
Can burn until spring; I’m building you a dream
Until the sun goes down

Got no hammer in my hand
Got no reason to give in
Got these eyes that always stare
Like nails they piece the warm dry air
Making me want to give in

I’m building you a house
With a window on every side
Where the wind blow even
And the clouds collide
Where the sun won’t set
Upon the world outside
I’m building you a dream
Until the sun goes down

You way you want to live
In a hole in the ground
Where the stone is cold
And the steps lead down
With dreams of the past
Locked deep in the earth
And days that will last
For what it is worth,
But I’m building you house
Made of more than dirt
I’m building a dream
That is as big as the earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment